Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hello Roma! Love the Larsons

This is the last post about Europe. Promise. It was two months ago today that I was on my way to the magical land of Europe...where everything is soaked with history, good food, and high prices. So I thought it was an appropriate date to share our last adventure.  Our final stop was the ancient city of Rome. It was my second time going, but it felt like my first. We did a lot of things I missed my first time around so I was excited to see more. We spent three nights in a cute little inn by the train station. Our first day was spent visiting the Colosseum and the Roman ruins. It was fun and all, but we felt like we weren't really understanding the history of what we were looking at without any tour guides or headsets. So Britton had the genius idea to download audio tours so we were well-versed the next day. We visited Trevi Fountain, the Sistine Chapel (sorry no pictures allowed), Saint Peter's Square & Basilica, the Spanish Steps, and The Pantheon (a favorite). We had an awesome last 3-days in Italy and it was spent finding quaint little restaurants with amazing food and gelato. 
Where in the world is Britton?
His & her postcards
Hey Italy, can you get anymore Italian looking than that?
Thank you B for loving your wife enough to make her year by taking her to Europe. 
It was the best and so are you!

3 people said...:

Kat said...

So jealous!! I want to go to Europe. Let's tell our husbands we're going out for the night and fly to Europe.

mckenzi said...

I am sure you love my monster feet too!! haha Heath this looks like the most amazing trip... so cool, it gets me so excited to (maybe) go someday:)

Please keep updating when you go to China!

mckenzi said...

Heath, are you in China already?!? Ah when you get the chance please let me know how it is going! So cool!