Sunday, July 1, 2012

I left my heart in Tuscany.

After Venice, we made our way to my favorite part of Italy: Tuscany. I was excited to not only go back to Florence (Firenze) where I lived & loved for a summer but was excited to take a day trip to Siena, a small walled city that I've never been too. We got there in the morning and it was a sunny and hot day. It was actually a nice change from the rainy weather we kept running into. Siena was beautiful and it was neat to see the piazza where they do the famous horse races every year. We ate there for lunch and headed to Firenze in the late afternoon. You can imagine my excitement when we finally got to Firenze and it finally felt like home. We weren't having the best luck finding amazing Italian restaurants so I was excited to show B places I knew were super yummy. We were there for two nights and I think B heard me say a million times, "This is where... I got cereal all the time, this was where.... we watched fireworks....(you get the point). He was such a good sport and let me rabble on about all the places I loved and visited. We stopped by the Ponte Vecchio, went around the shopping markets, rented bikes for the day, and ate at my favorite gelato and pizza place more than once. Finally Britton had REAL pizza, you know the kind with fresh mozzarella, basil and the best crust you will ever have in your entire life.  Wow, I really shouldn't be doing this post on Fast Sunday, I am dying! But it was so yummy and I didn't have to talk him into eating there more than once. The only thing that brought us down during our time there was the unfortunate bus fine we got for $150 bucks! Long story but it was an honest mistake on our part and they were highly rude about it. Too bad I didn't know enough Italian to sweet talk my way out of it. But I had gelato afterwards and that made me feel a lot better:) But it seems like my Europe posts are never-ending....but actually, I only have one more after this but we covered a lot of ground in two weeks and I don't want to miss anything!
 
Siena Italy (above)
Firenze, Italy (below)

2 people said...:

mckenzi said...

Wow, so very jealous!! That is so neat Heath, how cool that you got to go back after Italy became your home for a summer. AMAZING! Miss you!

Tori said...

Heather - your photos are amazing! We can't wait to travel with you and show up in your blog posts. :)