Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ain't nothing better than a little autumn in the city.

It's true, China knows how to do Fall. The weather has been perfect, the leaves have been turning colors, and its quickly going by so I am trying to embrace it while I can. I am still in shock that it is the end of October already. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but my life is flashing before my eyes and it seems to be going by just as fast in China. This month has been a busy one. We've been busy with the usual, school and teaching but we've had the opportunity to go on a few field trips with the Flagship program and do some other things. Although boring at times and feeling like I am stuck in a Chinese tour group where no English is spoken, its been fun to see what Nanjing has to offer. Some of these include some Emperor's tombs, a really old wall, and Buddhist Temples. The history here is so old and what little I have picked up is pretty crazy stuff. Our favorite new thing this month has been volunteering at an immigrant school. It has been seriously so fun. We teach them English and they are super cute, take a look for yourself! I think I've given them English names of everyone I know. I named a girl Shannon that looked like the Chinese girl version of my sister. It is pretty hilarious.


My birthday was this week, which means I am the big 2-4! Britton took me out for breakfast and lunch (I needed some pizza on my birthday), got me an Ipod shuffle and a cute purse, and attempted to throw me a surprise get-together, which of course I discovered. I saw an email about it and when Britton asked me about it, I tried to lie but he could see right through me. I think I have officially come to terms that I am a noisy person! What he did surprise me with was making me this awesome video of our family wishing me happy birthday so I will need to post that asap. But it was a great day and I am so lucky to have such a sweet husband. 



1 people said...:

Anonymous said...

looking good on your birthday!
-your biggest fan