Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Why Bonjour Paris

It has been quite some time since my last post but a lot has happened since then. In May, we had the opportunity to go to Europe for two weeks and it was magical.  After living in Italy a few summers back, it has been my goal to get back there. It was great. We decided to go to Paris, France, Switzerland, and Italy. I am so glad we began our journey in Paris. We only spent two days there but we made the most of it and didn’t let jet lag kick in.  After dropping off our stuff at the hotel the first day, we ventured out and went around the entire city. I seriously think that I walked over 10 miles that day (slight exaggeration) but really. We first hit up Notre Dame and eat nearby. So beautiful and I kept thinking about the Disney movie the whole time. Next, we found this awesome bridge that had locks on the entire bridge. Lovers wrote their initials on the locks and latched them on to the bridge. You better believe I went through every single one looking for "B+H" but unfortunately our initials must be uncommon overseas. Before visiting the Arc de Triomphe, we found a great park to hangout in for a bit. I know this sounds lame but this was one of my favorite things we did there. Britton napped (as you can see) and I read while overlooking the Louve and enjoying kids playing with sailboats in the fountains. The next day, we checked out the Sacre de Coeur (the white beautiful basilica) and was able to see the entire city from there. Later that day, we made it to Eiffel Tower and the Louve.  We saw a lot of pretty buildings that looked quaint or historical that we stopped by, if only  I could remember it all. I guess I should have done this post earlier;) Paris is a beautiful city. And the people were quite nice too..it's too bad they got a bad rep. It was a great experience. Britton and I will definitely miss trying to get a decent jumping picture in front of the Eiffel Tower but failing, Parisian's ability to fit so tight in parking spaces, the architecture, AND the baguettes (yes we ate three in one sitting) and we've already talked about them several times since we've been home. Thanks Paris for being so good to us.















PS. Sorry for all of those who left comments, this post got deleted but I was able to put everything back up but your comments got deleted but thanks for reading my post:)

0 people said...: